How This Site Works

To get started, you must register at this site. Look for the link at the bottom left side of this webpage found directly below The Savvy Who've Joined "Broken Pencils." Once you've joined and signed in, ask yourself "Am I having trouble with any class lecture material, PowerPoints, or an SPSS assignment?" If so, email me at asziner@rcn.com about the specific area to which you'd like to receive clarification (such as "Fifth and Sixth Steps in Hypothesis Testing," "Calculating z-scores," etc.). Have more than one concern? Fine. Ask away. Don't worry if you stumble through writing the precise question. If need be, I'll try to clarify your query in my reply. Once read, I’ll decide whether to answer you directly via email (hence, no blog on the subject will be forthcoming) or post my response on this blog. Naturally, all students who have joined “Broken Pencils” are encouraged to add to the discussion whether to further address questions about the material or offer their own insight. To post your follow-up comment to a blog, click on the specific blog's title. When a new screen opens up, write your reply in the "comments" window and then click to post it!

I sincerely hope you are not intimidated by this process. Chances are that you’ll have the same questions as your classmates!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Professor A.S. Ziner

P.S.  To download any file from this website, just place your cursor over the file description and click the right-side mouse button (i.e., "right click").  A window will appear.  Highlight and click on "Save Target As" to save the file onto your laptop or desktop.   Be sure to remember where you downloaded the file.  I initially put saved files on my desktop and then file them away.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Ziner and fellow classmates. My name is Phillip Otto and I will be in class on Tuesday. September 7th. I had a mix-up with placing me in this class, I need both PS205-PS206 yet to graduate with my B.S. In Psychology this winter. Though I am not really sure of or certain about this, I am willing to work very hard and to do my best. I look forward to meeting everyone in class on Tuesday. If there is anyone that would be kind enough to copy the notes that I missed from the first two classes I would be very grateful to you. Thank you. Phillip Otto

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're entirely welcome, Phillip. We met this evening in class. There are many ways to catch-up on, and keep pace with, SPSS. Review this blog and email me with any questions.

    Best Wishes,

    Dr. Ziner

    ReplyDelete